Fitness with Florence Grace

Those of you who know me or follow my social media sites will be aware that my body shape, health and weight is something I battle with on a daily basis. Sometimes I love my body, sometimes I hate it. I have been watching my mum's fitness journey for the last 9 months and watched her drop 3 or 4 dress sizes and gain a nice, flat tum...if that's not something to motivate me, I don't know what is!

At the start of the year, I participated in the #TakeBackWhatsYours challenge, and decided I wanted to take back my health. Whilst it kills me to think of the weight I could have lost between January and now, it's better to start late than not at all. I am going on holiday at the start of July so have 3 months to reach my goal weight. I have decided to document my fitness journey on my blog as a means of motivating myself, and hopefully helping and motivating others. Disclaimer: by no means am I a professional, so everything I talk about is purely things that I have found helpful to me. When working out and dieting please be safe and careful and do so in a healthy way. 

Start Weight: 11st 4lbs

Waist Measurement: 33 inches

Goal Weight: 10 stone

How much I want to lose a week: 2lbs

Before anyone has a moan about my goal weight or size, I am using an app called My Fitness Pal (I live by it, it's so helpful!) and when I registered my current weight and goal weight, it said 2lbs a week weight loss would help me to reach this goal.

My Fitness Pal has calculated that I should eat 1,200 calories a day. Even I am aware of what a low amount this is, so I am not too strict with it, and allow myself a maximum of 1,400 calories a day. My Fitness Pal is really useful, as it does more than just count calories, but also informs you of the other levels of fat, sugar, carbs etc. in all your food and drink. It also warns you if you're eating too little or too much, so it's a really handy and helpful app.

Exercise wise, I am taking inspiration from Katie Hopkins. I joined her "Fat Club" on facebook, where everybody aims to eat less and move more, doing 10,000 steps a day. Alongside this, I am doing a tae bo work out every day for 25 minutes and level one of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred every other day (this is because I did this before and found it very difficult, so am doing it a little less religiously this time).

I plan on documenting my progress every Monday and then either Thursday or Friday. Feel free to ask questions, leave tips or advice and if you're on your own journey, let me know!

Love from,
Florence Grace


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.